Sometimes I dabble in game development! Haven't made anything notable or even really larger scale than a prototype, but whatever. I have other things I'm doing. Shut up. Leave me alone.
- Hotline Miami-esque shooting with mutual one-hit kills
- Basic stealth, enemies have vision cones and can hear gunshots and come running
- Player has a sneaking mode where they move more slowly but can't be seen through "furniture" tiles
- When sneaking, player can do a silent close-range kill on an enemy
- When not sneaking, player can move through those furniture tiles
- At some point I added proximity bombs? I don't remember why, but they're fun
- It's worth mentioning that the enemies being able to pathfind to the player around walls is much more significant and difficult to pull off than the layperson would expect
Made this simple platformer to learn the Godot engine, because I wanted to make something that took advantage of the third D. A previous effort using a poorly documented library that bridged Phaser with three.js went farther than it should have but ultimately nowhere. Godot offers a functional web export and the utterly indispensible Qodot plugin, which lets one make level geometry in Trenchbroom instead of the UI nightmare that is Blender.
- Grind rails, like in the Sonic games that people don't like
- Reusable respawn checkpoints
- Jump pads, just as stolen from Quake 3 as the environment textures
- Zones of gravity in directions other than down (only in the second level, but I'm very proud of this, it's cool as hell)
If you want, you can download this one as a Windows executable for better gamepad support, or whatever. It's in a 7-zip file, because that compresses better than regular Windows .zip, and the password is
cubes because I don't really want to trigger any overzealous online "safe browsing" horseshit by making it visible to automated tools that there's an EXE in there.
- In like 2012 I used Inform 7 to make a pretty fun/cute text adventure about being a skeleton in a necromancer's army, and it super holds up but has my full legal deadname as the author credit and uhhhh I don't have the source code anymore (two computers ago!) and I haven't figured out how to remove that. Fuck off, 2012 me. What an idiot.
- I used Node.js and a headless version of Phaser to make a cooperative shooty tower defense ish thing. I can't get the server app to run anymore though. I promise it was fun.
okay that's all
I'm not even going to link Blender's web site. It's the go-to open-source 3D modeling program, and I've used it to make things, and it sucks. ↩︎